Tim Bean and Anne Laing founded The Hard Edge executive longevity programme for professionals and corporations who are in the business of brainpower.
Through bespoke programmes, intensive workshops, videos, books and other tools they offer expertise in the art and science of fine-tuning those marvellously capable, amazingly complex machines: your business body and brain.
Their credibility and authority results from a unique blend of experience and education:
- Personal triumph in facing and overcoming their own health challenges—a 30-kilo weight loss, and recovery from an horrific motorcycle accident
- 20+ years of professional practice in health and wellness, helping high-achieving clients apply anti-ageing strategies to their own demanding lives and careers, often in concert with cardiovascular disease, depression, diabetes or other chronic health conditions…
- Over 10,000 hours of advanced education in motivation and behaviour change; physiology, corrective and prescriptive exercise; stage-of-life and weight loss nutrition; preventive health and anti-ageing topics, including menopause- and andropause-related hormonal changes; and extensive study of the health issues caused by sedentary and stressful lives.
- Wellness and longevity consultants to senior figures in seven of the world’s ten biggest investment banks, plus leading advisory and consulting firms, legal firms, and other “brainpower businesses” from London to Frankfurt, Paris, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Los Angeles, New York, Boston
- Duke University Corporate Education Faculty – ranked #1 by Financial Times
- Discreet and trusted fitness advisors to well-known public figures in business and media, where professional success requires training the body at ‘Formula 1’ levels while maintaining complete confidentiality
- Authors of definitive anti-ageing guides “Turn Back Your Age Clock” (2009) and “Turn Back Your Body Clock” (2006) published worldwide in multiple translations by Octopus/Hamlyn
- Hosts of globally-televised “Turn Back Your Body Clock” with appearances on Discovery Health’s Kitchen Detective, The Lorraine Kelly show, CBS News, BBC3/4, Good Morning Television and other global media
- Launch of nationwide healthy eating campaign with National Heart Foundation/Crown Public Health authority
- In 1998, introduced first-of-its-kind healthy “Powerburger” promotion at McDonalds restaurants
- Creators of popular health, fitness and nutrition media including radio features and major metro newspaper columns, including “Fit Tips”
- Fitness directors at London’s exclusive Harbour Club Total Health Clinic and Selfridge’s Men’s Clinic
- Founders of 35,000 square-foot health and wellness centre specialising in overweight and mature clients, recognised as “Top Performing Club in Australasia”
- Advisors to New Zealand government departments on the design, construction, operations and marketing of public and private health and fitness facilities
- Co-founded “Eat Smart” – successful nation-wide healthy eating campaign with National Heart Foundation and Crown Public Health Department which incentivised restaurants to offer healthy options
- Co-host and authors of Kiwislim, a nationally-reported physique development and lifestyle programme
Credentials, Memberships & Certifications
IHRSA, American Academy of Anti-Ageing Medicine, British Longevity Society, Anti-Ageing Conference (London), Institute of Optimum Nutrition (London), UK Fitness Professionals National Governing Body, Register of Exercise Professionals (UK), Australasian Network for Fitness Professionals, Sports Medical Association, National Strength & Conditioning Association Level 1 (USA). Secondary and university studies at St. John of God Nursing Programme and Canterbury University, New Zealand.